COLUMBUS, Feb. 28 —The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is now accepting nominations for its Friend of Family Medicine award.
The OAFP Awards Workgroup will select an individual to be recognized including any of the following:
* Ohio elected official
* Member of Ohio media (individual or organization) including print and broadcast reporters, hosts, editors, and publishers
* Freelance writers who have published in Ohio newspapers or magazines
* Community individuals who have had an important impact on family medicine issues in Ohio
The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 24. To submit a nomination:
* Complete the nomination form at: http://www.ohioafp.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-Fillable-Friend-of-Family-Medicine-Award-Nomination-Form.pdf. A recommendation letter (two page maximum) may also be included.
* (Members of the media) Include a copy of any articles, broadcasts (date and title of story that aired is sufficient), or other examples of work that exhibit the nominee’s support of family medicine.
* (Elected officials and community individuals) Include a letter of recommendation (two page maximum) and any examples of work that exhibit the nominee’s support of family medicine.
Any work, articles, or broadcasts that represent a nominee’s support of family medicine must have been completed between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2016.
Nomination materials should be sent to:
OAFP Awards Workgroup
Attn: Director of Communications Megan Smith
Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
4075 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43214-3296
The 2017 Friend of Family Medicine will be recognized during OAFP’s Academy Awards Dinner on Saturday, August 12, at Columbus Marriott Northwest in Dublin, OH.
The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is a statewide professional association with more than 4,900 members, including practicing physicians, family medicine residents, and medical students. The scope of family medicine encompasses all ages, both sexes, and every disease entity.
Family physicians provide comprehensive, continuing care to all members of the family.